Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Potters & Rhode Island

When I first began digging into my family history in a serious manner, I soon learned that there were many Potter lines going back into Rhode Island. In fact, in the 1980s, when I began compiling Potter Profiles, one researcher wrote me that "Yah, Rhode Island was the factory where they churned out Potters." Well, I don't know about that but I do know that there are hundreds of Potters listed in James N. Arnold's Vital Records of Rhode Island 1636-1850, published in 1891. In Volume 4 of Profiles, I included 8 pages of extracted Potter names from Arnold's record. If you think your Potter lineage might or does go back to Rhode Island, perhaps you'd want to check the information from this source? You can click to www.GenealogyToday.com, and then scroll down to Search by Surname and type in Potter Profiles to access all the volumes/booklets of this surname database of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment